Monday, July 11, 2005

Lisboa

In Lisbon now after an 10 hour bus ride from Salamanca...thank goodness for the brazilian girl who was kind enough to point out that I needed to change busses! No english on these rides

Lisbon is a fabulous city with so many comparisons to the lovely San Francisco. I am exhausted and hope to spend some quality relaxation time in a internet cafe tomorrow...maybe even get my pics up from here as well. Right now I am staying in the Lisbon Poet´s Hostel ... http://lisbonpoetshostel.com.sapo.pt/ it´s a fun place and I´ve met tons of people here. Many Brits and Irish folks that I have had a lovely time with...as you will see in future fotos...

I´ve also discovered on this trip many people from all over the world ready to tell me all about how america runs, why it runs that way, and correct my incorrect descriptions of our american ways:) ...while I do appreciate the corrections and knowledge, am I the only one that wonders why I am not an authority on the U.S.? I wonder if I am the only one that comes across this (me, sensitive, what??) or if others have experienced the same.

I can´t believe I have only been away for 7 days...it seems so much longer. I will admit that I am a little homesick...travelling alone is an interesting experience whose pro´s and con´s I will document in a future edition. Meeting fellow travelers in Lisbon has made it better and I´m learning the backpacker´s ways!

No comments: