Monday, July 04, 2005

Manana, me voy!

It the night before I leave for my trip...how exciting! I'm feeling a little nervous and anxious and am on the edge of freaking out because of how little I have planned...but am just not worrying about it. It's a skill that I have learned lately...just don't worry about the things that will make you freak out. Seems simple and I know there are people out in the world that do this naturally, but for me it's a step!

Anyhoo, I leave tomorrow afternoon for Madrid where I will spend a day, then I am going to Toledo and Salamanca. From there I am heading to Portugal then back across the northern coast of Spain. I hope to then take a flight to Italy where I'll be hitting the sights north of Rome and head out from Rome on August 10th. I've got 5 weeks, but it definitely doesn't seem like it will be enough time to see half of what I want...but I definitely think I will see a million things I never thought I would get to see....

I'll be trying to have a good mix of big cities and major tourist sites mixed in with some smaller and more quaint sites. I've got a rolling backpack, that I know is WAY to heavy and big, but I just can't help it. It's so weird to think I will be part of the backpacking crowd...is that me??? I just don't feel worldly or adventurous enough to be that girl, like I'll be discovered as a big imposter...:)

I hope to use this site to post my pics and give updates, leave me a message here or e-mail me!!! Here's me before I leave....will you recognize me when I get back?

No comments: