Thursday, August 04, 2005

A Roma!



Originally uploaded by nicolai_g.

This may be my last train...wow, how the time has flown...I met some brilliant irish people in florence and decided I was ready to make my way towards home, so I am heading to Roma for a few days with them to have a crack (haha, i have no idea how to use that term, but i like to pretend I can use irish-british-australian-scottish phrases correctly) before making the final move to the motherland...wow how the time has flown, but it also seems like it has been ages since I left. Seems like I have barely seen anything, and also seen so much! Anyhoo, ill be home in a few!

1 comment:

MK said...

A quick Irish story:

My friend Jair was in town last week for Lollapalooza, and we had lunch in a pub.
Our Irish bartender, Steven, overheard me saying that I liked bourbon, so he said, "ye gotta try the Baaaysil Haaayden." (Basil Hayden.) So he brought over this bottle to show us, but there was very little whiskey left.
I said, "There's not even a shot in there; what are you going to with that?"
He brings the bottle over, slams it down in front of me, slams a shot glass down with his other hand, and says in a voice that I will be imitating for the rest of my life,
"Fine, ya can fockin pour it yerself!"