Wednesday, July 27, 2005

italia! ciao!


Gondola
Originally uploaded by blue moment.

After a last stop in Spain that was great, San Sebastian, I headed to Italy! San Sebastian was a fun semi french, semi, spanish, basque beach mecca with fun people to hang out with...met some fun germans, a guy from madrid, and an American (Hi Molly) to hang out at the jazz festival there with and hit the pinxtos bars (basque tapas...basically prelaid out tapas that you just grab at and hope dont cost too much when you go to pay!).

I still had too much of a sun hangover from Nazare (yep, I blistered on my legs...stupid, stupid, stupd)to enjoy the beach, but I had a nice time walking around it and reading my book while staring out at the 1000 surfers all trying to get the same 2 foot wave!

Then I began my journey to italy...I had the brilliant idea to fly from zaragoza to milan because it was a 20 euro ticket...it might not have been worth the trouble! I took a night train to Zaragoza from San Sebastion (Molly, I made it, drenched from the rain, but in plenty of time), then waiting outside the Zaragoza airport for 2 hours until it opened, then flew to some airport that they lied and said was in Milan, but it really wasnt and took a bus to Milan!

Milan was ok...went and saw the duomo which was covered, had a McToast (I was being McCheap, and I was McTired, I know I broke the cardinal rule of all good travelers, but it was just there), and STAYED IN A REAL HOTEL! which was just heavan..that was the highlight of Milan.

Now I have made it to Venice which seems simply lovely, totally crowded with tourist, but just such a unique place...I head out today for a couple of days of sightseeing and wandering. Ive already had 2 gelatos and some pizza...yummmmm Italy!

I feel like I have books to write to try and relate it all, but then again, Im not sure if anyone is reading this, and certainly I dont think there is much interest in my book, so I will stop the rambling and wish you all the best, I miss you!

No comments: